Veggie Mama is a lifestyle blog written by someone who doesn’t take herself too seriously.
Evidence suggests nobody has taken her seriously since 1984.
I’m Stacey Roberts, and I’m one of those people Ricky Gervais says are clogging up the internet “doing websites” about themselves. I write about simple living, travelling with kids, reading well, and eating even better.
I like British comedy, American politics, and Japanese stationery. I am nostalgic for the 90s, and I haven’t slept in three years. I am also vegetarian, and quite frankly the thought of chewing some flesh now makes me gag, so it seems you can turn a committed carnivore into a lentil-loving freak with a minimum of fuss. Just don’t ask me to love tofu.
I live in Melbourne, Australia, with a husband (aka Lunchbox, my hetero lifemate) and two kids who are the cheese to my macaroni. Biggie is four, and Smalls is two and a half. They are hilarious. And I’ve no idea what I’m doing, but I’ve realised I am a hardcore CTFD mum. My style of parenting is best described as “Half Attachment, Half Everything I Learned While Watching Roseanne”.
I love bento, cheese, and stuff that smells like vanilla. Including vanilla.
What will you find at Veggie Mama?
- food (vegetarian recipes, kid food ideas, lunchbox baking, unhealthy treats, and stuff with chia seeds in it.
- stories (usually embarrassing)
- kid stuff (activities, food, games, items, and stuff I would like but could never afford)
- travelling with kids (I’ve been thrown up on in three countries now)
- things on the internet I find amusing/useful/interesting
- Sneaky Wayne’s World quotes and references from Kevin Smith films.
Welcome aboard! If you have any questions (or funny memes, those email days were the best), you can catch me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re into fun news, subscriber giveaways, and fortnightly meal plans so you don’t have to think – then grab the newsletter. You can sign up below.
BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER.
PS… you might like to find out more about me at these places: