An autumn favourite, full of all the deliciousness of the season.
- 125g butter, softened
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1.5 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup stewed quince and apple
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups icing mixture
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger. Mix a couple of times until starting to come together, then add milk and stewed quince/apple.
- Mix until all is incorporated, but don’t overmix.
- Grease and flour your tin (I think mine is a 9-inch springform) and add the batter.
- Bake in a moderate oven about 45 minutes, but check after 35.
- Leave cake to cool in the tin for a few minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Frost when cool.
- Mix golden syrup, cream cheese, and icing mixture. Feel free to up the golden syrup quotient. Add a teaspoon of milk at a time until it is the consistency you want. I like it quite thick.
Keywords: quince cake, autumn cake, quince and apple,