Delicious little morsels of muffiny goodness – the best way to use up ripe banana and strawberries. Easily frozen, perfect for lunchboxes.
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup raw organic sugar (more if you like them a little sweeter)
- 100g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1.5 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup wheatgerm (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Mash strawberries in a large bowl. Add bananas and mash them too.
- Add egg, yogurt, butter and sugar and stir to combine.
- Fold in flour, baking powder and wheatgerm, and stir to combine.
- Fill muffin trays almost to the top (I use the silicone ones) and bake 20-25 minutes until golden.
Keywords: strawberry muffins, banana muffins, banana and strawberry muffins,