Hot damn do I love a muffin! Not the cakey ones, the muffiny ones (you know what I mean, right?). They’re so handy for using up ripe bananas, and so portable. They’re also pretty hard to screw up, and easy to make with the kids.
I change it up our muffin fillings all the time, and seeing as we had a glut of strawberries this year (I really don’t like the word glut, but it is so apt!) and while I froze what I could, I have the smallest freezer known to mankind. To banana strawberry muffins they must go!Print
Delicious little morsels of muffiny goodness – the best way to use up ripe banana and strawberries. Easily frozen, perfect for lunchboxes.
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup raw organic sugar (more if you like them a little sweeter)
- 100g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1.5 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup wheatgerm (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Mash strawberries in a large bowl. Add bananas and mash them too.
- Add egg, yogurt, butter and sugar and stir to combine.
- Fold in flour, baking powder and wheatgerm, and stir to combine.
- Fill muffin trays almost to the top (I use the silicone ones) and bake 20-25 minutes until golden.
Keywords: strawberry muffins, banana muffins, banana and strawberry muffins,