These muffins are awesome for lunchboxes or afternoon tea, this basic brown sugar muffin recipe can be customised however you like.
- 1/3 cup mild oil or melted butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups self-raising flour
- 3/4 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups mix-ins
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- In a small bowl or large jug whisk together the oil, milk, eggs and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, and pinch of salt. If you are going to make chocolate muffins, add 1/4 cup cocoa in this step.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined – you should never over-beat muffin mix!
- Gently fold in your add-ins.
- Fill 24 mini-muffin hole tin or 12 regular-sized hole tin evenly with the mixture. Depending on your pan you may need to use liners, or to grease the wells.
- Make 15-25 minutes for mini, 20-25 minutes for regular muffins, until golden brown and a skewer poked through the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Keywords: homemade muffins, easy muffins, low-sugar muffins, luchbox muffins, basic muffins, muffin base, mix-in muffins,