Love snow but not sold on the idea of being wet and cold? Same! The Big Freeze Winter Family Festival has got exactly what we’re looking for, snowy fun without the frozen toes and tire chains.
Wander through a magical winter village picture-postcard-style right in the middle of Melbourne, and stroll through the snowball forest during the winter school holidays at this super-fun fest. Toss a snowball, play in the snow pit or shoot down the snow slide before the kids tackle the active challenge, polar bear slide, circus skill workshops, construction zones, and art and craft activities in the igloo zone (glitter that isn’t all over your carpet! SOLD).
Each day between July 1 and 9 has three play sessions, and the Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday afternoon play sessions also include a stage show from 1:30pm – 2:30pm before entry to winter wonderland precinct. Yay!
I’m giving away one family pass (two adults and two children) to the Tuesday July 4 9am – 11:30am session to one lucky winner!
All you have to do is tell me in the comments on this post below your favourite snow memory – was it snow for real? Was it a dream? Did you just really love the snowy mansion in Home Alone all lit up for Christmas?
The competition ends Monday June 19 at 8pm. This is a game of skill, and the winner will be judged on merit. One entry per person, and this contest is open worldwide. You can find the full terms and conditions here.
If you can’t wait that long or want to go to a different session, you can buy tickets from here, including:
Children aged 2-12yrs and includes unlimited snow play, unlimited snow slide rides, snow ball toss, polar bear slide, snow globe photo booth, snowfall forest, winter village, kids’ active challenge, circus skills workshop, construction play and art’n’craft activities PLUS a 4 Park Pass to Phillip Island Nature Parks valued at $28.50 (pass collected upon entry to festival).
Adults (13+yrs) and Tiny Tots (12-23mths) all get to attend at concession prices as most activities are designed for 2-12 year olds.
The Big Freeze Winter Family Festival details:
- Where: Under the Big Top at Fountain Gate Shopping Centre, Cnr Brechin Drive & Princes Highway
- When: Saturday, July 1 to Sunday July 9, 2017
- Time: Community Precinct open daily from 9am – 5pm with FREE entry to the general public. Winter Festival runs three sessions daily: 9am – 11:30am, 12pm – 2:30pm, 3pm – 5:30pm
- Features include: daily stage shows, food vendors, craft with Phillip Island Nature Parks, soccer and sampling with Milo.
- Child Ticket Prices: Child SuperPass to Winter Festival (includes 4 Park Pass to Phillip Island Nature Parks valued at $28.50) – $29.50
- All Adults Ticket Prices: (13+yrs) at concession prices – $19 (includes access to snow pit)
- Tiny Tots Ticket Prices: (12mths – 23mths) – $19 (includes access to snow pit)
- Family Ticket Prices: (2A + 2C) – $92
- Family (2A + 3C) – $120
- Group Bookings – Pay for 10 children, get 4 adults for free
- Late Play Discounts – save $5 per ticket for the afternoon session on Tuesday,
- snow play pits
- brand new snow slides (two sizes)
- snow ball toss
- snow globe photo booth
- snowfall forest
- winter village
- igloo craft
- Aussie Farmers’ Direct Kids’ Challenge
- Micador art’n’craft
- construction zone
- YMCA circus skills
Where to find The Big Freeze Winter Family Festival
This post contains affiliate links.