I’m quite the fan of the mini muffin, I have to say. As far as muffins go anyway, as there is more crunchy crust to soft innards ratio, and I’m a crunchy crust kinda gal. Almost like Elaine, who wished there were only muffin tops on Seinfeld that time. “Top of the Muffin to ya!” and all that.
Feel free to make proper-sized muffins, this blueberry chocolate chip muffin recipe will be just as good. But if you’re in the mood for bite-size treats, then be my mini muffin guest!Print
The kinda healthy version of blueberry chocolate chip muffins. SO GOOD!
- 2 cups spelt flour (or plain flour)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or 2 tablespoons raw sugar)
- 1 cup milk (any sort)
- 1 Large egg
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup choc chips
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix together milk, egg, and melted butter.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined.
- Very gently fold in blueberries and choc chips
- Fill a 12-cup muffin tin and bake 20-25 minutes (mini muffins will take about 15 mins, and I fill the holes pretty full).
Keywords: mini muffins, mini muffin recipe, low-sugar muffin, blueberry muffin recipe