Smooth and mild, this cauliflower and leek soup is just right for wintery days.
- 1 leek (sliced thinly)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 100g butter
- 1 celery stick (diced)
- 500g cauliflower (chopped)
- 2 medium potatoes (chopped)
- 3 cups veggie stock
- 200ml cream
- Heat the butter in a large pot over low heat.
- Sauté the leek and the garlic 10 minutes until soft but not browned.
- Add the cauliflower, potatoes, and stock. Bring to the boil then turn down to low and let simmer until the vegetables are soft, about 20-30 minutes.
- Blend the soup with a stick blender and check for seasoning.
- Add the cream just before serving.
- Serve with a swirl of extra-virgin olive oil, and a grinding of black pepper.
Fun to dress up with croutons, fresh herbs, crumbled stilton, or parmesan and chilli flakes. Yum!
Keywords: cauliflower soup, potato and leek soup, cauliflower and leek soup