Whatcha gonna bake this weekend?
Is it chocolate and pear cake?
Chocolate cake with redeeming fruit?
You can use apple. I won’t mind.
You can use tinned pears. I like them.Print
chocolate and pears in cake form!
- 125g butter (softened)
- 1 cup coconut sugar ((or 3/4 cup white or raw sugar))
- 2 Large bananas, mashed
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups white spelt flour ((plain is fine, or half wholemeal, half white))
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Small pears, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 125g butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180c. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Cream the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add mashed banana. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat after each addition. Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl (if you can be bothered, I can’t), mix the spelt, baking powder, and cocoa.
- Add dry ingredients to butter/sugar/egg mix and fold through for a couple of strokes. Add milk until thoroughly combined, then fold in pears.
- Bake for about 25-35 minutes (depending on your oven) until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for five minutes, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool
- When cool, top with the chocolate frosting – beat the butter, icing sugar, cocoa, and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Take no prisoners when frosting. YOU WANT THAT SHIT THICK!
Keywords: chocolate and pear cake,