It’s never been easier to get soft, buttery, garlicky bread in your facehole.
Bread dough ingredients
- 300ml warm water
- 7g dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 500g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large teaspoon bread improver
Garlic Butter Ingredients
- 200g of softened butter,
- two cloves of garlic, minced,
- lots of salt (depending on whether you use salted or unsalted but I don’t understand unsalted butter and therefore never buy it)
- and some mixed herbs. You can use dried or fresh, whatever you’ve got on hand. I like dried but I’m a simple lass and also can’t get more than two herbs growing at a time.
- Mix everything together and knead for about 10 minutes. You can also knead it in your mixer fitted with a dough hook, or in your breadmaker.
- Leave to rise for about an hour, or until doubled in size.
- Then divide that dough into three even rolls and let them rise again for about 45 minutes (that second rise is everything).
- Then you’re going to get 200g of softened butter, two cloves of garlic, minced, lots of salt (depending on whether you use salted or unsalted but I don’t understand unsalted butter and therefore never buy it) and some mixed herbs. You can use dried or fresh, whatever you’ve got on hand. I like dried but I’m a simple lass and also can’t get more than two herbs growing at a time.
- You’re going to mix it alllllll up and set it aside for your delicious bread to come out of the oven.
- After your dough loaves have had a second rise, bake at 200C for about 20 minutes or until they’re golden brown and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- When they’ve cooled a little bit, cut into slices but not all the way through to the bottom. Smear that garlic butter in and around those slices and all over the top (be GENEROUS) and then pop back in the oven until everything is heated through and the butter is all melty and amazing.
- Mix everything!
Keywords: garlic bread, homemade garlic bread, garlic bread recipe, easy garlic bread, soft garlic bread, garlic baguette