Excellent for lunchboxes and pretend Famous Five picnics.
- 125g softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 Large pears, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1.5 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (heaped)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add the ginger, the molasses, and the pears. Fold in gently.
- Fold in the baking powder mixed with the plain flour and stir a few times. Add the milk before it’s all totally incorporated.
- Grease and flour a round cake tin and add batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes until top springs back when pressed, and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Get some lemonade or a dog named Timmy.
Keywords: ginger cake, pear cake, gingerbread, pear gingerbread, ginger tea cake, pear tea cake