Now this, as I said on Instagram, to the untrained eye looks like a blurry pile of puke. I was lazy and didn’t think I’d blog it, but it was so good I snapped a pic for my fellow IG-obsessors and was asked for the recipe. Being a giving sort of gal, I’m posting it. Puke-pile photo and all.
Serves 2, generously.
1 packet gnocchi, cooked according to packet specifications
1 sweet potato, diced and baked 30 minutes
2 tbs butter
half an onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
plenty of grated parmesan
1. Before you cook your gnocchi, saute the onion, garlic and mushrooms in butter, until mushrooms are soft and beginning to pick up a little colour. Take care not to burn the garlic.
2. Add cream and bring to a boil.
3. Turn heat down and simmer, adding a big pinch of salt.
4. Cook your gnocchi.
5. Add a ton of grated parmesan to your sauce, and add the sweet potato, stirring gently.
6. Serve with gnocchi and extra parmesan on top. Yum!
♥ The linky will be up at 9am every Monday morning, and will stay up until the following Sunday. It doesn’t matter if you eat your meal on a day other than Monday – it’s just an easy day to create the link!
♥ Grab the Meatless Monday button above and put it in your post, and even on your sidebar if you’re feeling generous.
♥ Visit at least one other blogger and leave some love. This is so much more cool if we’re in it together!
Where it says “Name”, you might like to add the name of your dish instead or as well.