Bundled off yesterday for my blood test to hopefully shed some light on why your faithful narrator is tired, vague, and generally pretty grim, only to find everything came back normal. Vitamin D on the lower end of the scale, but nothing to be overly concerned about.
These results are both good and bad, because while there’s nothing physically wrong, I’m still tired, vague, and generally pretty grim. I felt very similar last year (and the year before) around this time, to the point where I thought I might be proper depressed. I might have the SADs. Further investigation is perhaps required.
In other news, the sun is shining, it’s almost the weekend, happy hour hits VMHQ at 4pm this afternoon (provided I finish all my work by then, do please send productive vibes), and the weekend is filled with first birthdays, school fetes, and wine nights with family, which are my absolute favourite things on earth.
I also received the novel What She Left by Rosie Fiore in the mail yesterday from Allen & Unwin (I shall keep you updated on my thoughts about that v soon!), I ordered Dinner at Buckingham Palace and it finally arrived, I bought a packet of Arnott’s Venetian biscuits and had forgotten how delicious they are, my husband bought me flowers AND a hot, salty potato cake when I sorely needed both, and the blanket I am designing for the Dream Book seems to be coming together despite a couple of rough starts. Things are looking up!
Please remind me to:
- plant the seeds I ordered, which arrived two weeks ago
- clean out my pantry
- wash the windows
- refrain from excessively looking at my four-year-old wistfully as the reality of her transition to prep looms large. A healthy amount of mooning over those cheeks is perfectly fine.
- re-start the dishcloth I was knitting before the aforementioned four-year-old snipped it to bits when my back was turned despite her being at an age where I thought these things were not something I had to be concerned about any more
- find a new fridge after the last fridge owner we’d organised to purchase from sold it to another person as we were standing outside their front door to pick it up
- make a chocolate cake, just because.
what’s been happening with you lot? Winter got you down? Or are you in Queensland and sweating through summer already? Been dealt a devastating blow at the hands of a merciless Gumtree vendor? Got the “kid going to school” blues? Filthy windows? Do tell!
(ps our podcast episode today is Season One of Degrassi High: full of abortion, AIDS, suicide, diet pills and Caitlin’s confusing hair. Come hang!)