A few things I think are just ace. With apologies to Grinspoon.Pier One Hotel, Sydney
Speaking of food, my second ace thing was being sent this gorgeous luxury New Arrival Giftbox from Snowgoose Hampers in time for Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana’s introduction to the world. Tell me – were you obsessively checking for her arrival too?
Next up on the Ace list are Biggie’s birthday presents:
Goldie Blox and the Spinning Machine is a toy aimed at getting girls interested in engineering. I was dying to get this for the girls, but tried to wait until they were actually old enough for it. Funnily enough, it’s the two-year-old who plays with it most. I love it, so great for their imaginations and their ability to problem-solve. Can’t remember how much I spent, but it’s worth it!
I’m also loving:
- **Yorkshire Tea
- **crumpets (meaning to try these ones out)
- **A Modern Way to Eat cookbook
- **Netflix (they’ve just asked me to be part of their Stream Team and I said “yes” to the email while bingeing on Downton Abbey)
- **The Fall – a show starring Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan (yes the guy from 50 Shades of Abuse but please don’t let that put you off – he’s BRILLIANT in this) set in Northern Ireland. It’s gripping, interesting and full of feminist undertones. Cannot fault it. Plus, it’s on Netflix, so hop to it.
- **This post from Chantelle describing how her husband got denied by James Van Der Beek. I can’t stop laughing!
- **The ages my kids are at now (I say that at every age!)
- **An oldie, but still a goodie – Bitches Love Ukulele
- **This kimchi
- **Coffee-flavoured Five:AM organics yogurt. Never eaten so much yogurt. Ever.
- **A Passionate Life – the current book on my Dusty Bookshelf Challenge list by Ita Buttrose. A fascinating look at women (and working women, and women in journalism) in the 60s-90s.
- **Appelles Skincare. Remember I found them here? Well they were at Pier One too, and we were given some at the Intercontinental Double Bay when we went there for dinner. Seriously lovely stuff and it smells so good when I wash my hair!
- **The weather – sometimes it’s still just that little bit warm, and I feel as though I can survive another day before winter comes.
- **All of the Metalicus leggings, baggy shirts, and cardigans. I keep going back to get more – such good transitional weather items. I’ve bought two leggings, six shirts, and three cardigans in the last couple of months and I often wander past and see what else they have that I could possibly want. I love being comfortable and warm, and this is exactly what happens when I wear their stuff. And I don’t look like I’m in a tracksuit constantly, which is helpful.
So tell me – what have you thought was just ace lately? A book? A movie? A TV show? A BABY?! eeeeeeeeeeee