A great option for babies who are moving onto more texture in their purees.
- 1 cup cooked rice (brown or white)
- 1 heaped tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup cooked mashed pumpkin
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the flour. Stir for about a minute over medium heat.
- Turn the heat to low and add the milk, whisking constantly until it starts to thicken (I turn up the heat a little bit because I’m a rebel, but do be careful it doesn’t go lumpy – stir a lot!)
- Stir in the cheese so it melts, then stir in the rice and pumpkin. Let cool a little before serving to your munchkin.
You could also add other mashed vegetables, or change up the cheese.
Keywords: baby food, pumpkin baby food, pumpkin and rice puree,