- 1 Large onion, diced
- 2 Large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon each butter and olive oil
- 1kg frozen peas
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 pinch sugar, salt, and pepper
- 1 handful mint
- 100g goat cheese (the marinated Meredith is perfect for this!)
- 1 Small bunch watercress
- Heat a medium pot over medium heat and saute the onion and garlic gently in the olive oil and butter.
- Add peas, mint, stock, and a pinch of sugar.
- Simmer on low for 20-30 minutes until the peas are soft. Blend with a stick blender until as smooth as you can get it (it won’t be totally smooth) and check for seasoning.
- Serve hot or warm with a topping of goat cheese and watercress. Don’t forget the extra black pepper!
Keywords: pea soup, minted pea soup, pea and watercress soup