Sure it’s 90s, but so am I. Bring focaccia back!
- 2.5 cups flour (I use Italian 00)
- 7g dried yeast (one sachet)
- 25ml olive oil
- 1 pinch Each salt and sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup grated parmesan-style cheese ((I usually use South Cape brand))
- 1 handful good olives, pitted and halved
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast, oil, salt and sugar, and the water. Turn out onto a bench and knead until smooth.
- Press into a greased 20x30cm baking tray and cover. Leave somewhere warm to rise, about half an hour or so (longer is ok).
- Poke indentations across the top, spread parmesan-style cheese over and scatter the olives.
- Bake until cooked through, and cheese is bubbly and golden (25-30 minutes). Leave for 5-10 minutes in pan, then move to a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
Adapted from The Gourmet Traveller Italian Cookbook.
Keywords: focaccia, easy focaccia, focaccia recipe