Peach, meet baked pancake. Baked peach pancake, meet mouth.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup coconut (or raw) sugar (plus a tablespoon extra)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of clove or allspice
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons spelt flour (white or wholemeal is fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix the eggs and milk together,
- Stir in sugar, cinnamon, clove, flour, and baking powder, mixing until combined.
- Place the peach pieces in an oven-proof frying pan and sprinkle with a tablespoon of sugar and dot with the 2 tablespoons butter.
- Pour the batter over the peaches and place the pan in the oven.
- Bake until pancake is puffy and cooked through, about 20 mins.
- Top with icing sugar and serve with extra butter melting on top, or a splodge of cream.
Adapted from the fantastic apple-centric recipe by Love and Lemons.
Keywords: baked pancake, puffy pancake, baked apple pancake, baked peach pancake, dutch baby pancake, peach dutch baby,