I’m going. I’m going sorta kicking and kinda screaming into autumn, but I’m going.
I’m just not going without a peaches and cream cake. Not yet.
The kiddies like it, and I don’t mind a small slice, still warm from the oven. The rest goes into lunchboxes – if there’s one thing I like less than cake, it’s day-old cake. The kids will take cake in any form I’ve got it.Ooh she looks nice though, no? Good enough to be washed down by a bucket of tea.
Are you ready for autumn? She waits for no man! (Unless you’re in Queensland).Print
Sweet peaches and fresh cream merge to be one delicious tea cake.
- 110g butter, softened
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1.5 cups white spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 Large peaches, peeled and chopped.
Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add spelt flour, cinnamon, baking powder, cream and milk and mix to combine.
- Pour into a small greased and floured tin.
- Bake 55 minutes until a skewer in the centre comes out clean.
Keywords: peach cake, peaches and cream,