It’s Getting Hot in Herre! (but you can leave your clothes on if you want). Either way, it’s time to bust out some salsas. SALSA, people, is one of the reasons I exist. There is nothing I don’t like about a salsa. Nothing.
Pineapple salsa is a bit of a new one for me, I wasn’t even aware of the glory of pineapple in Mexican food until 2010 and I ate a vegan burrito in Vancouver. Black beans and pineapple in amongst the other assorted burrito-y goodness? Where had it been all my life? More importantly, could I pull off the same flavour at home?
I love this salsa as a side dish of sorts with enchiladas, quesadillas or burritos. It’s a bit too chunky to have with chips (but you could sort out the pineapple pieces if that’s what you want to do), so works well as a bit of a garnish. Grab yourself a margarita and a tortilla and let’s party!Print
As the weather heats up, cool everything down with this pineapple salsa.
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and diced into smallish pieces
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 – 1 red onion (depending on taste), chopped fine
- 1/2 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- a pinch of cumin
- salt to taste
- a pinch of sugar
- Mix all in a large bowl and leave to sit for about at least an hour, to allow flavours to mingle.
- Test for seasoning before serving.
- Serve cold as a nice counterpoint to your spicy food!
Keywords: easy pineapple salsa, spicy pineapple salsa