More pumpkin, more spinach, more lasagne. What else do you expect from Veggie Mama? (ok yeah, there’s plenty of cheese).
- 600g kent pumpkin (peeled, deseeded and sliced into 1-inch slices)
- 2 Large leeks, halved and sliced
- 1 Large bunch either silverbeet, spinach, kale, whatever’s happening
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 2.5 cups whole milk
- 1 Small bay leaf
- 3 cups grated tasty cheese
- 1 Large packet dry lasagna sheets (You won’t need all of them, but it will depend on how much spinach you have)
- salt and pepper
- Pre heat your oven to 200C.
- Place your pumpkin in a single layer in a greased baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake 30 minutes or so until soft.
- While your pumpkin is baking, saute your leeks in a frying pan over medium heat with some butter, until soft. 10 minutes or so.
- Remove leeks and add your spinach to wilt with a little water or olive oil. You may have to do this in batches. Remove from heat.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat to make the bechamel. Add flour and stir for one minute. Add milk and bay leaf and whisk until sauce bubbles and thickens. Check for seasoning.
- In a large greased casserole dish, layer all your pumpkin and 1 cup of the cheese. Add a layer of lasagne sheets to cover.
- Top with your spinach and another cup of cheese. Add another layer of lasagne sheets.
- Top with leeks and bechamel sauce. Top that with cheese and bake in the oven until golden and bubbling and cooked through.
Keywords: vegetarian lasagne, vegetarian lasagna, pumpkin lasagne, pumpkin lasagne, spinach lasagna