You guys, I am nailing this lunch thing. I think the more I realise it doesn’t actually take as long as I thought it would, the more I keep doing it. This Creamy Tomato Spaghetti has basically been on my table eight days a week because it’s easy, it tastes good, it has chilli (omg chillichillichillichilli) and I’m getting those 10 tablespoons of tomato sauce Dr Oz keeps telling me I need.
I’ve also realised that if my lunch is to be quick, it’s gotta be one pot. No faffing (with the exception of the gloriously garlicky aglio e olio, it’s worth the faff and still ready in under 10 minutes). So the sauce gets heated in with the drained spaghetti, which is also good because you can tweak as you go.
You can find other Quick Lunch recipes here.Print
Creamy Tomato Spaghetti in under 10 minutes – the next instalment in my Quick Lunch series. Get in mah belleh!
- 100g dry spaghetti (I eyeball this)
- 1/2 cup tomato passata
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 Large pinch chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan-style cheese, to top
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling water with plenty of salt until al dente.
- Drain spaghetti and return to pan over low heat.
- Add tomato passata, tomato paste, the cream, sugar, chilli, salt, and pepper. Stir for five minutes until sauce is heated through and thick. Check for seasoning.
- Serve with plenty of grated hard cheese, a swirl of extra-virgin olive oil, and a good crack of black pepper. Yum!
Keywords: pasta, creamy tomato pasta, pasta for one, pasta lunch, pasta with chilli