You guys, I am nailing this lunch thing. I think the more I realise it doesn’t actually take as long as I thought it would, the more I keep doing it. This Creamy Tomato Spaghetti has basically been on my table eight days a week because it’s easy, it tastes good, it has chilli (omg chillichillichillichilli) and I’m getting those 10 tablespoons of tomato sauce Dr Oz keeps telling me I need.
You can find other Quick Lunch recipes here.Print
Creamy Tomato Spaghetti in under 10 minutes – the next instalment in my Quick Lunch series. Get in mah belleh!
- 100g dry spaghetti (I eyeball this)
- 1/2 cup tomato passata
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 Large pinch chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan-style cheese, to top
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling water with plenty of salt until al dente.
- Drain spaghetti and return to pan over low heat.
- Add tomato passata, tomato paste, the cream, sugar, chilli, salt, and pepper. Stir for five minutes until sauce is heated through and thick. Check for seasoning.
- Serve with plenty of grated hard cheese, a swirl of extra-virgin olive oil, and a good crack of black pepper. Yum!
Keywords: pasta, creamy tomato pasta, pasta for one, pasta lunch, pasta with chilli