The next move on my quest for a good lunch in under 10 minutes. Pasta aglio e olio it is!
- 3/4 cups pasta of choice
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil (the best quality you have)
- 1 Medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 Small handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Cook your pasta in plenty of salted boiling water, according to package directions.
- While your pasta is cooking, gently warm the garlic in the olive oil in a frying pan. Take care not to burn it or it will ruin your whole dish!
- When pasta is cooked, Add to garlic and olive oil. Stir to coat, adding parsley (and parmesan-style cheese if you like) until thoroughly mixed. Taste for seasoning – it can take a fair bit of salt!
- Serve with grated parmesan-style cheese on top (and I added a squirt of fresh lemon) and lots of black pepper.
Keywords: olive oil pasta, aglio e olio, simple lunch, simple pasta