In March, I held a giveaway for Veggie Mama’s first blogobirthday… and these delicious Raspberry and White Chocolate Cookies were the prize for one lucky recipient. What’s a birthday without presents?
The problem was, they were really good. Like, really good. And it was very difficult not to eat several one as I was packing them up to be shipped to New South Wales. I couldn’t stand it. I had to make another batch. I’m not into sharing food! I’m the kind of person that eats popcorn one kernel at a time, and have to defend my stash from the handful-grabbers… I’m always left with less than a third of the goods after I’ve shared with another. Plus I just really like food, and want it all to myself!
Now, though, I can share with y’all by giving YOU the recipe and you can make ’em. And I’ll go take a nap.
Raspberry and White Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Heat your oven to 180C.
- Cream butter and sugars until fluffy. It will be much easier if your butter is softened beforehand. I usually make biscuits at the drop of a hat and have only rock-hard butter. short bursts in the microwave is a winner!
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix in flour and baking powder. Stir in half the white chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoonsful on a tray covered in baking paper. Press in some raspberries and chocolate chips. I do this so they don’t break down in the batter and go all squished and turn the batter a weird colour, especially if they’re frozen. But you can do it however you like.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until lightly browned and cool on a wire rack.
- Post some to me.