Lookin’ to bake? Look no further than this Raspberry Jam Cake. Good, old-fashioned teatime fare with a sweet jammy center.
- 120g butter, softened
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 Medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups wholemeal flour
- 3/4 cups white flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 200g raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Stir until incorporated.
- Add the flours, baking powder, and milk. Mix until fully combined.
- Add half the batter to a 20cm round cake tin lined with baking paper (if you don’t use baking paper, your cake might stick in parts if the jam sinks to the bottom of the cake. If so, just serve it upside-down with some icing sugar on top… ahem).
- Spread raspberry jam over the top, and add remaining batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden. Serve dusted with icing sugar.
Keywords: tea cake, jam tea cake, old-fashioned tea cake, old-fashioned jam cake, tea cake with jam,