THESE ARE SOME DAMN MIRACLE POTATOES OK?!
- 8 large potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced (the more the better, really – pack it in!)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 tablespoons dried oregano, or a good 1/4 cup fresh
- 1 large lemon, juiced (you can definitely grate the peel over the top too, before you juice it)
- Flaky sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Throw everything into a baking dish and stir to coat. You want a good soaky blend of lemon, garlic, salt, and oregano in that oil/water, everywhere. EVERYWHERE.
- Put a bit of extra pepper on, you probably wimped out a bit back there
- Bake for 40 minutes, then give it all a big stir – you want to get all parts of the potato in the dry heat of the oven to crisp up. If it’s looking a little dry, you can add some more water, but really you’re aiming for browning.
- Bake another 40 minutes until the water has evaporated and the flavourings are clinging to the potatoes with the remaining oil. Don’t take it out of the oven until the edges are proper golden brown, feel free to turn the oven up for five or 10 minutes to achieve that.
- Feel really damn smug about these incredible potatoes you’re just about to drop your face directly into.
- PS probably add more salt. Right over the top when it comes out of the oven.
Keywords: Greek Potatoes, roasted potato with lemon, baked lemon potatoes, lemon and garlic potatoes,