Good, reliable, failsafe, everyday, homemade from-scratch fluffy white bread rolls, soft as a cloud and better than shop-bought. Enjoy!
- 300ml warm water
- 7g dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 500g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large teaspoon bread improver
- Mix everything together and knead for about 10 minutes. You can also knead it in your mixer fitted with a dough hook, or in your breadmaker.
- Cover the bowl and leave in a warm place to rise for about an hour, or until doubled in size.
- Punch down, and divide that dough into as many rolls as you want – I can get up to 16 small rolls with this amount of dough – and arrange them on your tray about an inch from each other and let them rise again for about 45 minutes (that second rise is everything).
- After your dough loaves have had a second rise, bake at 200C for about 20 minutes or until they’re golden brown and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.