I normally loathe shopping, especially in an actual store, so I’ve cultivated the fine art of finding stuff online that I turn to again and again. I do try to buy what I can from friends and people with small businesses, and I’m very fortunate to know some terrifically talented friends!
So for this year, why not give these guys a go? I have bought from all of them (some of them more than once… ahem) so can vouch for their radness.
1. Knot Head Tie from Behr and Co, $12. You can get baby, kids, or adult sizes. Plus check out their washable paper bags, painted canvas planters, and handmade baby moccasins. UPDATE: Bre has very generously offered VM readers a 15% discount if you enter veggiemama at the checkout! HAPPY DAYS!
2. Murchison-Hume Super Mum Set, $61.50. You get counter spray, bathroom cleaner, furniture cleaner, glass and mirror polish, stainless steel cleaner, and floor cleaner all in a bamboo caddy. Murchison-Hume products are (gorgeous to look at and) all non-toxic, free from crazy chemicals, and never tested on animals.
3. Little Prints from Spiral Garden, $36. A beautiful book teaching the reader stenciling, printing, image transfer, and stamping—to create personalized toys, decorations, wall art, accessories, and keepsakes for kids. Excellent for crafty types!
4. Le Toy Van Wooden Doctor Kit, $69.95. I always love when kids favourites are turned into sweet wooden versions. We got this, and basically half of Oliver’s Twisty Tales for the girls for Christmas (and for their birthdays this year), and I’ve eyed off the wooden cash register for someone’s birthday next year.
5. Golden Skull Candle in Candied Absinthe, $49.95. I’m inclined to go the Campfire Caramel for myself (we only have the previous collection fragrances so I’m more than overdue for a top-up!), they’re hand-poured here in Melbourne, and burn for ages.
6. Few and Far Collective Wooden Dagger Phone Case, $42. Another Melbourne business (by my mate Steen), you get a wooden phone case with matte black trims, heavy duty protective screen, protective buttons, cleaning cloth and a tool to apply; all within a handmade Few and Far collectible box.
I fully endorse you getting a lil somethin-somethin’ for yourself while you’re at it 😉