Ever since I bought liquid smoke from here , I have been obsessed with making thick, rich barbecue sauce. The kind you can eat with a spoon.
I got one from the Deen brothers, offspring of one of my ultimate cooking heroes, Paula Deen, and oh my Ford, it is unbelievably good!
So for my friend Miss Yesmin’s barbecue, where she’s hosting some super-cool veggie heads like me, I present to you the dish that will make non-tofu eaters LOVE it. Even if it’s just for one night. I should know, I’m one of them.
- 1/4 onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 block of Pureland firm tofu
- 1 cup ketchup, or tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper