Not enough butter or sugar to make a cake? Never fear, I can help.
- 60g butter, softened
- 60g coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Small eggs
- 2 Small pears, grated (don’t bother peeling)
- 1 Small apple, grated (don’t peel this either!)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1 pinch freshly-grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Small pear, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cream butter, sugar, and coconut oil.
- Add honey and mix.
- Add egg and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Grate the two pears and apple straight into the mix.
- Add a small grating of nutmeg.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Mix thoroughly. If too dry, then add a splash of milk until the batter is smooth and easily stirred.
- Grease and flour the sides of a round cake pan, and cut out a circle of baking paper big enough to fit the bottom.
- Lay the sliced pears on the bottom, and pour the batter over the top.
- Bake at 180C for 40-50 minutes, checking after 30 or so minutes. It should be risen and golden brown.
Keywords: pear cake, pear tea cake, tea cake with pear, cake with coconut oil,