Sounds weird, right? It be delicious though, I assure you! Pasta salad in spaghetti form, everybody got time fo dat.
Especially when you’ve got leftover spaghetti because you’re too lazy to measure it before cooking, and you’ve got various antipasto bits and pieces in your fridge, and a handful of herbs. Lemon, oil, a bit o’ feta – you’re good to go.
I’d like to give you specific amounts, but that would be too organised for me. For about four cups of leftover spaghetti (I chopped it into slightly smaller pieces), I added:
- the juice of one medium lemon
- the same amount of extra-virgin olive oil
- a splash of apple cider vinegar
- lots of salt (LOTS of salt)
- one tomato, diced
- one small carrot, grated
- half a roasted capsicum, sliced thinly
- a couple of semi-dried tomatoes, halved
- a handful of danish feta
- a handful each of flat-leaf parsley and mint, chopped
And then I ate it in the sunshine while the children played. And I also took it with me to the ProBlogger Event conference on the plane and ate it like a starved raccoon who hasn’t seen food in twelve days.