A very simple weeknight pasta dish that will be on your table in minutes. Zucchini, lemon and chilli spaghetti in summer, and changeable as the seasons roll on.
- About 80g of dried spaghetti, whatever you think works for one serve
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 50g goat cheese
- zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- chilli flakes
- Bring to the boil a large pot of salted water.
- When boiling, add the spaghetti and stir so it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Saute the zucchini and garlic gently until soft.
- Just before the spaghetti is ready, turn the heat up just a little in the frying pan and add the goat cheese, lemon zest, chilli, and lemon juice.
- Add a splash of the pasta water and cook until the ingredients amalgamate to make a smooth sauce.
- Immediately turn the heat back down and add the drained pasta, salt and pepper.
- Stir to coat the pasta and check the seasoning.
- Serve with extra cracked black pepper and a handful of small fresh mint leaves.
Keywords: vegetarian pasta, zucchini spaghetti, easy weeknight meals, weeknight spaghetti, veggie spaghetti