If you’ve got leftover quinoa in your fridge (like I do) and are a bit over quinoa salad (like I am), then grab a couple of eggs and a bit of kale and get started on this savoury little number.
I love toast, but I used to eat more of the toast than the veggies at breakfast, and this is an attempt to rectify that situation. Packed full of a double-serve of protein from the eggs and quinoa, it’s a pretty awesome start to the day, helping keep you fuller for longer. The avocado (if you add it) is delicious and full of good fats all at the same time. Pop in kale for extra nutrition points and sweet sauteed tomatoes and garlic for flavour and it would be hard to be disappointed!
The fun thing is that you can also customise this pretty widely, any veggie or breakfasty food would be a great addition. I remembered too late I should have added a bit of the goat cheese I had in the fridge, and by all means, serve it with a slab of buttery toast on the side if you’re like me and you wig out about eating egg on its own. Having said that, I eat this and haven’t died, so perhaps there’s a chance for me yet.
I love a good rut-breaker, and I especially like it when it doesn’t take forever to make, because I’m usually about to eat my own head seven minutes after getting out of bed in the morning. I’m not one for lots of faffing in the AM.Print
A protein-packed breakfast whipped up in a flash.
- 1 Large handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Large handful kale, shredded
- 2 Large Organic eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- In a large pan over medium heat, saute the kale and tomatoes in a little oil until soft and kale isn’t quite so chewy – around 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute one more minute.
- Add the quinoa and eggs and stir like scrambled eggs until eggs are cooked and quinoa is heated through.
- Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper as required.
Keywords: quick breakfast, quinoa breakfast, scrambled egg and quinoa, protein breakfast