A reliable hollandaise that’s made in two minutes flat and very unlikely to split. Perfect!
- 1 organic egg yolk
- 1 small splash of water
- 1 quick squeeze of lemon juice
- 115 grams good-quality unsalted butter
- 1 pinch flaky sea salt
- Melt the butter over low heat in a small saucepan.
- In a narrow cup or the beaker that comes with your stick blender, add the yolk, water, and lemon juice.
- Whiz the yolk with your stick blender until it starts to go light and foamy.
- Keep the blender running while you gently drizzle in the melted butter. It should amalgamate and start to get thick.
- Keep going until you’ve used all the butter. Taste for seasoning, but remember salt doesn’t incorporate into fat very well and it’s easy to think there’s not enough and you go overboard. Gently does it!
Keywords: blender hollandaise, easy hollandaise, foolproof hollandaise,