It’s a simple combination of ingredients, but this vanilla bean baked cheesecake will knock your socks right off.
- 250g plain biscuits (I use Arnott’s Marie)
- 100g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese (two blocks)
- 2 Medium eggs
- 1 Large vanilla bean (sliced in half and using only the seeds scraped from the inside)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Process your biscuits in a food processor until they are just crumbs. (Alternatively, you can crush them with a potato masher in a bowl, or put the biscuits in a plastic bag and beat them with a rolling pin). Mix them with the butter until totally combined.
- Place the crumbs in a large springform tin to cover the base and most of the way up the sides.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese for a bit, just to lighten. Add in the egg, the vanilla bean seeds, and the icing sugar. you can do this in an electric mixer but I ain’t fancy enough for one of those.
- Pour your cheesecake batter into your buttery biscuit base, and bake for 45-50 minutes until dry and slightly browned on top. Yum.
Keywords: easy cheesecake, baked cheesecake, caramel cheesecake, vanilla bean cheesecake, vanilla baked cheesecake,