God, sometimes there’s just nothing like it, you know? You can have all the fancy food in the world but sometimes you just need a GOOD OLD AUSSIE RISSOLE WITH TOMATO SAUCE for god’s sake, get out of my waaaaay
These rissoles were very needed. Oh so needed. I wanted the crispy outside and juicy inner, all slathered with homemade tomato relish and served out in the back yard on a Sunday night. Bit of token salad on the side. Heaps of bread and butter. Mate. It doesn’t get any better.
I’m also very much looking forward to the rissole sandwich that’s happening here later for lunch. Life is good.Print
sometimes you just need a GOOD OLD AUSSIE RISSOLE WITH TOMATO SAUCE.
- 1 cup TVP
- 1 cup beef stock (I use Massell brand, it is vegan and gluten free)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 small or 1/2 large zucchini, grated (don’t squeeze out the juice – it helps keep the rissoles juicy)
- 2 eggs
- In a small saucepan, heat the beef stock to boiling.
- Add the TVP and leave to rehydrate.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooled TVP with the rest of the ingredients with your hands – really get in there and squeeze it all together!
- Rest in the fridge until you’re ready to cook – at least 30 minutes.
- Form into rissoles with your hands (this amount should make 12) and fry gently in oil over medium heat until golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip and continue frying until the underside is golden and the rissoles are cooked through.
Keywords: rissoles, veggie rissoles, easy rissoles, Aussie rissoles