sometimes you just need a GOOD OLD AUSSIE RISSOLE WITH TOMATO SAUCE.
- 1 cup TVP
- 1 cup beef stock (I use Massell brand, it is vegan and gluten free)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 small or 1/2 large zucchini, grated (don’t squeeze out the juice – it helps keep the rissoles juicy)
- 2 eggs
- In a small saucepan, heat the beef stock to boiling.
- Add the TVP and leave to rehydrate.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooled TVP with the rest of the ingredients with your hands – really get in there and squeeze it all together!
- Rest in the fridge until you’re ready to cook – at least 30 minutes.
- Form into rissoles with your hands (this amount should make 12) and fry gently in oil over medium heat until golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip and continue frying until the underside is golden and the rissoles are cooked through.
Keywords: rissoles, veggie rissoles, easy rissoles, Aussie rissoles