It’s not a batter as such, but a wet mix of ingredients. That I couldn’t stop picking at, if I’m to tell the truth! You could even add some nuts along with the sour cherries – I would probably include Loving Earth’s Organic Activated Walnuts.
Anyhow, enough with the chatter, on with the recipe:
2 tbs flaxseed meal
6 tbs hot water
3/4 cup Loving Earth Raw Organic Coconut Butter
100g Loving Earth Organic Sour Cherry and Acai Raw Dark Chocolate
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup Loving Earth Raw Organic Sour Cherries
1 cup Loving Earth Organic Coconut Sugar (or use two full cups of this)
1 cup sugar of your choice depending on how sweet you want your brownies (I used rapadura)
3/4 cup cocoa/cacao powder
1 cup almond meal
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Mix the flax meal and the water until thick, making a flax egg. Let sit for a minute or two.
3. Break the chocolate into pieces and add to a large bowl with the coconut oil. Melt in the microwave in short bursts – this shouldn’t take long as the Loving Earth chocolate is a different compound than regular chocolate. Add vanilla.
4. Add flax egg and mix.
5. Add sugar, cocoa/cacao powder, almond meal, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until thoroughly combined.
6. Put into a 6×10 inch (or similar) brownie pan lined with greaseproof paper or foil, either work well. Spend some time pressing down reasonably firmly to ensure a good consistency when baked. Smooth the top – I used a rubber spatula.
7. Bake 20-30 minutes until a skewer comes out of the middle relatively clean when tested – the mix shouldn’t be too wet. Take it out a bit earlier than you normally would to ensure a fudgy centre. It probably won’t look cooked (mine didn’t) but it’s best to err on the side of caution and take it out once it’s had 30 minutes.
8. Cool in pan until thoroughly cold so it won’t crack when you cut into it.
9. Feel as chuffed as I do that you just made a damn good brownie.
And now for the even funner stuff!
As you may already know, I have been working with Loving Earth, creating recipes from their super-awesome products, trying them out here and then giving readers a chance to win the same ingredients I used in the recipes… and today is giveaway day!
All’s you gotta do is leave a comment below telling us what you would create from at least two of these products. And don’t worry – I won’t steal your ideas, I promise! The recipe that gets us (i.e. me + Cormac from Loving Earth) drooling the most, wins. You don’t need full recipes or photos or anything – just tell us what you would whip up. And if you didn’t win this time? There’s another coming up in a few weeks with MOAR chocolate and new ingredients!
In this pack, you get:
Loving Earth Raw Organic Coconut Butter, 500g
Loving Earth Organic Coconut Sugar, 300g
Loving Earth Organic Sour Cherry and Acai Raw Dark Chocolate, 100g
Loving Earth Organic Coconut Mylk Raw Chocolate, 100g
Loving Earth Organic Macqui Raw Dark Chocolate, 100g
Loving Earth Organic Sour Cherries, 100g
Loving Earth Organic Activated Pumpkin Seeds, 100g
Ok, hop to it – I am very much looking forward to seeing what y’all come up with – partly because I’m nosy, and partly because you guys are way more creative than me!
*Disclaimer: I contacted Loving Earth directly with this idea as I really wanted to work with them. They couldn’t have been more friendly and willing to help. They generously gifted me two of each product that will be used over this series – one for me and one for you! That’s all, folks…