When you take Waka Flocka Flame’s Vegan Blueberry Muffins and you make them vegan raspberry muffins with crunchy coconut sugar. They’re AWESOME.
- 1 cup coconut milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar + 2 tablespoons (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil + 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Large lemon, zested
- 2 cups raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180C/375F. Line your muffin tin with papers, if using.
- In a small bowl, add lemon juice to milk and stir. Let sit for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add sugar, coconut oil, lemon zest and vanilla to the the milk.
- Add the liquid to the dry mixture and stir gently to combine – don’t overmix or you’ll make your muffins tough. Gently fold through raspberries.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins – either 12 large ones or a tray of mini muffin holes. I like to fill to the top so they rise and get a crisp top. Otherwise I feel a bit ripped off. Bake 15-20 mins for mini, or 20-25 for normal size. They are done when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Keywords: easy vegan muffins, quick vegan muffins, raspberry muffins, dairy-free muffins, egg-free muffins, vegan-friendly muffins