These vegetarian dumplings will rock your world – tons of mushroom, chive, garlic and chilli. Float in a soy-ginger broth or fry for good times.
- 1 Medium block firm tofu
- 200g swiss brown mushrooms, diced fine
- 1/2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha chile sauce
- 1/2 ” ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 pinch each salt and white pepper
- 1/2 bunch chives, snipped
- 1/2 bunch coriander/cilantro, chopped
- 2 Medium eggs, beaten
- 1 packet wonton wrappers (any style)
- Drain tofu and crumble into a large bowl.
- Mix in mushrooms and all the rest of the ingredients, except wonton wrappers.
- Place a large teaspoonful of mixture on wonton wrappers, and fold in half, wetting the edges with a little water. Wet the corners with water and stick them together underneath.
- If you want to freeze, put them all in a single layer on a baking tray until frozen, then portion into bags or containers.
- You can cook in boiling water, or steam (or even deep-fry, yum!) for a few minutes until cooked through.
Recipe adapted from here.
Keywords: vegetarian wontons, vegetarian dumplings, mushroom dumplings, mushroom wontons, tofu wontons, tofu dumplings, vegan dumplings, vegan wontons,