A flavour-packed brown rice version of vegetarian stuffed capsicum. Peppers, FTW! You can stuff it with all kinds of veggies and be everyone’s favourite.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 small onion, diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- 4 medium mushrooms, chopped small
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (optional but fantastic)
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs, chopped (oregano, parsley and chives)
- salt and pepper
- red pepper/capsicum, to fill.
- Carefully remove the top of your capsicum. Scrape out the inside seeds and ribs and discard
- Combine all other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spoon filling into capsicum and bake at 200C for about 45 minutes, or until capsicum is cooked through but still retaining a little bite. You can also cook with the capsicum tops for a pretty garnish. Or top the mix with cheese and brown under the grill.
This mix should fill 4 regular capsicum, or 8 small (pictured).
You can double or halve the mix as necessary.
Keywords: vegetarian stuffed capsicum, vegetarian stuffed peppers, stuffed peppers, stuffed capsicum, stuffed peppers with rice