Look! I changed it to Sunday. But it’s still stuff I love!
Cracking along with The Bourne Identity nightly in the bath, it’s terribly readable. I also finally finished Wild, which I think I started on our trip to Bali last year. I borrowed Wolf Hall from the communal library at the villa we stayed in, so will get stuck into that properly too when Mr Bourne is done.
All of the Turkish food, and still on my Scottish kick. Tonight I made lentil shepherds pie with a colcannon topping (mixing up my countries there but man what a good dish), and this week I also made a spelt banana cake and a seemingly endless supply of school holiday popcorn.
I also made the best rice pudding of all time. OF ALL TIME. A proper British recipe.
I watched a couple of episodes of You Are What You Eat… it’s brutal. I also watched some The Woman Who Ate Scotland and Downton Abbey. The kids watched a horse movie that made me cry and I’m waiting for Carmine and Lauren to finally get kicked off MKR.
So obssessed with the Found My Fitness podcast. Scientist Dr Rhonda Patrick discusses cool the latest in health research, with a focus on nutrition. She’s awesome.
I bought a beautiful dress from Zimmerman to wear to a gala ball, and I’m rabidly searching eBay for just the right winter jacket.
I’ve neglected my cowl these school holidays, but once life returns to normal I’ll probably pick it up again in the evenings.
- Our Empire Records episode for the STC podcast… I hope you like it as much as we do!
- Listening to us absolutely lose our shit in the Reality Bites episode, the snort-laugh break still makes me giggle
- Both Duchess Kate Blog and What Kate Wore live-blogging Willz + Kate’s India tour. They’re eating vegetarian this trip (apparently to rule out any chance of food poisoning) but I think it’s a pretty rad country to be veg in! Their first lunch was vegetable kebabs, lentil curry and rice, ricotta cheese and okra. I’m all about it.
- Dominating the dance floor last night, I had way too much fun. My kebab at 2.30am was pretty shit though
- La Manna had a sale on their chocolate covered salted caramel popcorn so I bought two bags
- The VM Facebook group where the love goes down every single day, and surprises me with how cool, supportive and funny everyone is.
- David Brent: Life on the Road teaser… so great!
On this Day
2010: Little Lemon Squares
2011: Where in the World Has Veggie Mama Been? (where I introduce mah first baby, wah!)
See you tomorrow!