Secret beans give it extra nutrition and texture with no beany flavour!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cups Edgell Cannellini Beans, rinsed, drained and pureed (you might need a little water to get it going)
- 1 Large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix the butter, sugar, and pureed beans.
- Add egg and vanilla and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Stir in flour and baking powder until mixed.
- Line an 8in x 8in baking tray (lamington size is also good) with baking paper, and spoon in the batter.
- Spread out until it fills the bottom, and smooth over the top.
- Sprinkle reserved white chocolate chips over and bake 20-25 minutes (the brownies in the picture were cooked 15 minutes), until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan.
Keywords: blondies, bean brownies, cannellini bean brownies, easy caramel blondies