I defy anyone to find a regular guy or gal like you or me who doesn’t like an easy meal at night. And if you’re feeling particularly Seinfeld-y (which is a regular around here), you might even be into a bit of breakfast for dinner. Or Brinner. (Never Lupper, though. I don’t think that caught on…)
Or, you know… breakfast for breakfast.
While I do try to mostly post dinner recipes on Meatless Monday, as I find that’s what people struggle with the most, it never hurts to have a meatless cooked breakfast idea either. One pan can feed the whole family! (Unless you’re Seven Cherubs. She might have a gigantic pan, though! She’s clever like that).
Listen, what I’m saying is eat this for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or midnight snack, whatever! I like it as a weekend brunch or a lazy dinner. You might think pumpkin is a bit odd for breakfast, but I think pumpkin is never odd. Ever.
A Veggie Frittata Recipe
- So what you do is you saute some mushroom, onion, and garlic with some cubed potatoes in a well-oiled frying pan until soft.
- Throw in some spinach, lots of herbs and some steamed pumpkin and chopped tomato. Any steamed veg is good here!
- Top with some cheese if you like, then pour over four eggs beaten with about half a cup of milk.
- Cook over a medium-low heat until it’s looking mostly set, then finish off under the grill/broiler until brown.
- Throw together a side salad and you have yourself a brinner!
I served mine with toasted turkish and had myself a brunch.
What will you be having?!