A cake made on a whim turned out to be the best one I’ve ever made.
- 115g butter, softened
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 3 Large bananas, mashed
- 1.5 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and the sugar.
- Add the eggs and the mashed banana. Stir to incorporate.
- Add the flour and the baking powder, and mix gently. Add milk and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan and bake 35 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
Keywords: banana bread, banana cake, old-fashioned banana cake, traditional banana bread, banana loaf