So crunchy. So perfectly sized. SO GOOD!
We’re back in full lunchbox swing here at VMHQ and while these don’t qualify (the almond meal, you see), they sure are great for after-school snacks and Tuesday nights watching House of Cards. Or something.
Also, baking anything is a legit excuse to put the oven on, and then I have to keep baking in the interests of being energy efficient. I’ve got a such a good idea after the brownie/cheesecake conversation we had over on Facebook the other day, and there are some Pioneer Woman scrolls in my very near future. Also little baked pancakes because they ARE lunchbox friendly!
Never mind my ramblings, let’s chat cookies. You can definitely use all coconut sugar (or raw sugar or white sugar or whatever floats your sweet boat) or all maple syrup, depending on your beliefs on the situation. My beliefs call for both because I’m Veggie Mama. These can also be made with normal flour if you don’t need to forgo gluten, and of course you can sub out the choc chips/goji berries with whatever you want. But I like this combo of sweet-tart. I bet you will too!
Are you back in the full lunchbox swing too? Or is it the end of school holidays for you? Or are you this person? hehehePrint
These gluten free choc chip cookies are filled with goji berries and yum.
- 1/4 cup butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Small vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup choc chips
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter, sugar and maple syrup until combined.
- Add the egg and the seeds you’ve scraped from the vanilla bean, stirring well.
- Add the almond meal, buckwheat flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt (less if you’re using salted butter unless you’re me)
- Stir through the choc chips and goji berries.
- Form into small balls and place on a greased tray (I use baking paper) and flatten slightly.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
Keywords: gluten free biscuits, easy gluten free biscuits, gluten free cookies, buckwheat cookies, almond meal cookies,