I totally understand.
I still can’t figure out if I’m a crunchy-on-the-outside-soft-on-the-inside cookie lover, or crunchy all the way. I used to be pro-crunch, but I fear I’m softening.
These ones though – all crunch. Little bite-size morsels studded with chunky chocolate pieces and easy to eat about 15 in one go. Bonus: I won’t even tell on you! Go on, they’re practically “healthy” anyway, right?Print
crunchy, crispy gluten-free balls of chocolatey goodness!
- 1/4 cup butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup coconut or raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Large free-range egg
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 50g Loving Earth Raw Organic Coconut Mylk Chocolate, chopped into smallish pieces
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar until combined.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Add the almond meal, buckwheat flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt (less if you’re using salted butter, unless you’re me)
- Mix in the coconut, and gently stir through the chocolate, trying not to break up those lumps too much.
- Form into small balls and place on a greased tray (I use baking paper) and flatten slightly.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
Super-easy to change up the flavour – instead of chocolate and coconut you can use your favourite mix-ins.
Keywords: gluten free biscuits, easy gluten free biscuits, gluten free cookies, buckwheat cookies, almond meal cookies,