This golden rice salad is a nice change from my usual bowl of brown rice, and is rather sunshiny now that it’s getting warmer again. The yellow is from turmeric, which is amazingly good for you, but doesn’t impart much of a flavour. Never fear, everything else makes up for it!
It is a sweet, lemony, crunchy bowl of happy goodness.
(I’ve also made this with haloumi – you know that rocked my world!)Print
Everyone needs a good rice salad recipe in their repertoire – why not make this sunny golden one?
- 2 cups cooked brown rice with
- 1 sweet potato, cubed and roated
- 1 handful steamed green beans
- 1 handful steamed broccoli, chopped fine
- 100g feta
- Chopped parsley
- Zest of one half and juice of one whole lemon
- A pinch of turmeric, salt and pepper.
- A drizzle of olive oil (I like mine pretty lemony/acidic, but you do what you like).
- A handful of chopped nuts to go over the top (not pictured because I am a dick),
- Mix everything together in a large bowl. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Keywords: turmeric rice salad, veggie rice salad