What to do with leftover pizza dough? Why, make breadsticks, of course!
- 7g dried yeast
- 170ml warm water
- 250g plain white flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large bowl (I use my stand mixer and occasionally my breadmaker) combine the water, yeast and honey. Leave 10 minutes until it begins to go frothy.
- Add the flour and salt and mix. Knead this on a floured surface for 10 minutes until you have a soft but springy dough (it will be kind of sticky at first but hang in there!). Use the dough hook on your stand mixer if you have it and knead on low for 10 minutes.
- Leave in an oiled bowl in a warm place with a plastic bag or cling wrap or something over it until doubled in size, about an hour I leave mine.
- Punch the dough down and turn it out onto a floured surface. Break the dough up into balls (easier to roll!) and roll fairly thin into long rectangles.
- Cut widthways into thin strips and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and honey, and sprinkle over dukkah and flaked sea salt.
- Bake at 200C 10-15 minutes until golden and crisp on the outside but still chewy in the middle.
Keywords: breadsticks, breadstick recipe, easy breadsticks, diy breadsticks, homemade breadsticks,