So, okay, you’re probably going, “Is this, like, a Noxzema commercial or what?” But seriously, I actually have a way normal podcast for a mid-thirties woman.
My mate Carly and I were watching the updated Flowers in the Attic movie one day and somehow came across the idea of creating a podcast where we chat about all the things we loved in the 90s and what would happen if we looked at them again as old ladies.
Cue us actually doing that.
Our friend Brooke has launched an amazing podcast network called Jackrabbit.fm and god love her, she’s given me some time to indulge my inner 15-year-old ON THE AIRWAVES. You can also find there her amazing Slow Home Podcast (which iTunes named one of the best new podcasts in 2015, you can check out my episode here), Let it Be, where she chats to Kelly Exeter about doing less and being more, and Straight and Curly, where Kelly and Carly talk about productivity hacks.
And then there’s Carly and me. Today the podcast for all of us who can’t leave the 90s behind launches, and every week we re-read a book from Francine Pascal’s Sweet Valley High series, with bonus episodes thrown in of whatever catches our attention. Keep an eye out for us taking down the 90s teen behemoth that is Clueless in episode 6, and 80s cult classic Heathers in episode 12.
Hilarity and high school stories pretty much guaranteed.
Oh and we also take requests! I can’t wait to hear what you’d like us to tackle next, and your thoughts on the episodes as they air. Episode 0 is already up, and we’ll release a new episode every day this week, with one every Tuesday after that.
You can subscribe on iTunes here (or search for us in your iTunes or Android podcast app), the RSS feed is here, or you can listen on the player below. I’ll add each episode to this post as they are released during the week so you can come back and listen.
You can also find the show notes with further links and weird shit at the Jackrabbit site.
Don’t forget to:
- Use the hashtag #sweetteenclub and let us know where you listen to the show, what you’d like us to cover, and what you remember from that 90s memory
- Carly: Smaggle.com || @smaggle
- Stacey: theveggiemama.com || @veggie_mama
- Leave a rating or a review on iTunes with what you love about the show – it will help us find other cool kids to join our club!
Episode 2 Links:
- Sweet Valley High 10 Years Later
- Fire and Ice cocktail recipe
- Sweet and Spicy Sausage hors d’oeuvres
- Jessica playlist on Spotify
- Elizabeth playlist on Spotify
I’m so excited I could puke. You should totally go listen.