Cabbage and Potato soup with a Jalapeno Lime Twist – I was super-surprised at the ingredients in this one, but it really works.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small cabbage, quartered and sliced
- Salt & Pepper
- juice of one lime
- Coriander and sour cream
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat, and saute the onion, carrots, tomatoes, and jalapeno for about 15 minutes, stirring regularly, until the veg softens and picks up some colour.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in water to just cover, until they are soft.
- Add the cabbage and sauteed veg to the potatoes and water.
- Simmer a minute or two until the cabbage is softened
- Mash a little with a potato masher to break some of the potatoes down and thicken the soup.
- Add the lime juice, and season with salt and pepper (chilli powder here is good too).
- Serve with sour cream and coriander on top – TRUST ME.
Adapted from here.
Keywords: polish potato soup, potato and cabbage soup,